At the Harbor Cove Community Properties’ (HCCP) annual meeting held on July 2, preliminary plans for the new pool building were revealed. While plans aren’t final, in a nutshell they are as follows:
- Building will be approximately 6,500 sf, slightly larger than the old building.
- Plans include an office, locker rooms, indoor pool and hot tub and community room. There will be no sauna.
- A small kitchenette will include residential appliances, but no range. A range would make it a commercial kitchen requiring a $20k commercial hood vent.
- Improved dehumidification system.
- Electric vehicle parking stations.
Timeline: The board plans to finalize construction documents very soon, with a goal to break ground by September 1, 2022. The project will take about 16 months, with the new building expected to open January 1, 2024. The outdoor pool will not be open during this time, so it will be closed the summer of 2023.
It was also reported that the cause of the fire is still undetermined and that they will probably never know for sure how it started.